Value Portrait! (Sketch Book B)

So for Sketch Book B I decided to paint my friend Taylor!:



I cropped the photo so I had a good close up on her face than, I put the photo through the free app Clips which gave me this: 

I don't have pictures of the me putting down carbon paper, forgetting to tape it down in my sketchbook than moving the carbon paper around messing me up and making me start over again, but in the end I got my sketch!: 

Next was the tough part, because I never used gauche before this project and I had to mess around with it a little to get a feel for the paint. I did some practice strokes, experimented with the paint and figured out the mixing process, sadly I don't have a picture of my messy sketchbook page, but I do have the finished product!: 

I really like this piece and I even framed and hung it on my wall. I added some extra shading and value to it, but here is my finished product! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pattern Progress

Final Assignment

Assignment 2 Progress