Pattern Progress

 For my pattern I was inspired by the rainforest. Its so full of life and there are so many patterns to get from it that I just had to do it. I choose a more plant based pattern because when I think of rain forest I think of greenery and the vast amount of plant species found there. 


I had to include this unique plant, because look at it. Who wouldn't kiss those lips? 

I did my motifs centered around these pics, I made it so some of the elements were overlapping, because of how dense this habitat is. I wanted to make it so the design was cluttered but not too cluttered. 
The plants I choose are what I found most associated with the rain forest. The ferns and leaves, also the pretty flowers. I also did a leopard print with it, because I wanted to add a bit of an animal aspect to the pattern, but this pattern was mostly centered around the plants. 


I played around with the sizing and decided that I liked the first one better, it was a bit clearer and more towards what I was going for. 

In the final motif of it I added some vines and branches to add more plants to it. 
The color scheme was mostly going to be a monochromatic scheme and it was going to contain more greens, with the lip flowers being red. I didn't want the background to be green though so I made it purple so it went with the darker scheme, but it didn't make the plants blend in too much. I also made the flowers pink, but that is because when you look at the rain forest you mostly see green with color popping out in various places. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final Assignment