Sketch Book C

So for my Sketch Book C I choose to do the current social issue of the brutality that black people, especially transgender POC face every day. 


At first I wanted to do the two people wrapped up in a transgender pride flag, but after looking at my reference photos I decided to do one person because I was inspired by them. 



This is my final product. 
I decided on the slogan because it's the front slogan for the movement.  It is straight to the point and leaves no room for argument, because black trans lives do matter. The overall design for this is taken from my second reference photo. I added the surgery scars and skirt as a way to show gender fluidity and gender expression. I also cut out the photo and glued it too a black piece of paper just to add more of an abstract feel to it, and also the lines just to add more emphasis to the overall design. The design have been overused but it's a good design and it can be seen in many different fonts, and different artists have a different take on this design, but it gets the message across. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pattern Progress

Final Assignment

Assignment 2 Progress